Occupational Employment Statistics
35-1012 First-Line Supervisors of Food Preparation and Serving Workers
Directly supervise and coordinate activities of workers engaged in preparing and serving food.
|Trade, Transportation and Utilities||760||$18.56/hr
|Professional and Business Services||70||$20.78/hr
|Education and Health Services||1,230||$20.94/hr
|Leisure and Hospitality||14,800||$17.71/hr
- Supervise and participate in kitchen and dining area cleaning activities.
- Specify food portions and courses, production and time sequences, and workstation and equipment arrangements.
- Compile and balance cash receipts at the end of the day or shift.
- Record production, operational, and personnel data on specified forms.
- Assign duties, responsibilities, and work stations to employees in accordance with work requirements.
- Observe and evaluate workers and work procedures to ensure quality standards and service, and complete disciplinary write-ups.
- Train workers in food preparation, and in service, sanitation, and safety procedures.
- Perform food preparation and serving duties, such as carving meat, preparing flambe dishes, or serving wine and liquor.
- Present bills and accept payments.
- Estimate ingredients and supplies required to prepare a recipe.