Occupational Employment Statistics
33-9092 Lifeguards, Ski Patrol, and Other Recreational Protective Service
Monitor recreational areas, such as pools, beaches, or ski slopes to provide assistance and protection to participants.
|Education and Health Services||70||$13.09/hr
|Leisure and Hospitality||400||$15.48/hr
- Patrol or monitor recreational areas, such as trails, slopes, or swimming areas, on foot, in vehicles, or from towers.
- Inspect recreational equipment, such as rope tows, T-bars, J-bars, or chair lifts, for safety hazards and damage or wear.
- Observe activities in assigned areas, using binoculars, to detect hazards, disturbances, or safety infractions.
- Inspect recreational facilities for cleanliness.
- Complete and maintain records of weather and beach conditions, emergency medical treatments performed, and other relevant incident information.
- Provide assistance in the safe use of equipment, such as ski lifts.
- Instruct participants in skiing, swimming, or other recreational activities and provide safety precaution information.
- Warn recreational participants of inclement weather, unsafe areas, or illegal conduct.
- Examine injured persons and administer first aid or cardiopulmonary resuscitation, if necessary, using training and medical supplies and equipment.
- Maintain quality of pool water by testing chemical levels.