Occupational Employment Statistics
33-3041 Parking Enforcement Workers
Patrol assigned area, such as public parking lot or city streets to issue tickets to overtime parking violators and illegally parked vehicles.
|Education and Health Services||N/A||N/A
- Maintain assigned equipment and supplies, such as hand-held citation computers, citation books, rain gear, tire-marking chalk, and street cones.
- Maintain close communications with dispatching personnel, using two-way radios or cell phones.
- Write warnings and citations for illegally parked vehicles.
- Provide information to the public regarding parking regulations and facilities, and the location of streets, buildings and points of interest.
- Patrol an assigned area by vehicle or on foot to ensure public compliance with existing parking ordinance.
- Prepare and maintain required records, including logs of parking enforcement activities, and records of contested citations.
- Respond to and make radio dispatch calls regarding parking violations and complaints.
- Enter and retrieve information pertaining to vehicle registration, identification, and status, using hand-held computers.
- Perform simple vehicle maintenance procedures, such as checking oil and gas, and report mechanical problems to supervisors.
- Identify vehicles in violation of parking codes, checking with dispatchers when necessary to confirm identities or to determine whether vehicles need to be booted or towed.