Occupational Employment Statistics
33-1021 First-Line Supervisors of Fire Fighting and Prevention Workers
Directly supervise and coordinate activities of workers engaged in fire fighting and fire prevention and control.
|Trade, Transportation and Utilities||N/A||N/A
|Professional and Business Services||10||N/A
- Schedule employee work assignments and set work priorities.
- Perform administrative duties, such as compiling and maintaining records, completing forms, preparing reports, or composing correspondence.
- Maintain fire suppression equipment in good condition, checking equipment periodically to ensure that it is ready for use.
- Maintain knowledge of forest fire laws and fire prevention techniques and tactics.
- Evaluate the performance of assigned firefighting personnel.
- Direct firefighters in station maintenance duties, and participate in these duties.
- Compile and maintain records on personnel, accidents, equipment, and supplies.
- Train workers in skills such as parachute jumping, fire suppression, aerial observation, or radio communication, in the classroom or on the job.
- Provide emergency medical services as required, and perform light to heavy rescue functions at emergencies.
- Evaluate fire station procedures to ensure efficiency and enforcement of departmental regulations.