Occupational Employment Statistics
33-1011 First-Line Supervisors of Correctional Officers
Directly supervise and coordinate activities of correctional officers and jailers.
|Professional and Business Services||N/A||N/A
- Conduct roll calls of correctional officers.
- Complete administrative paperwork or supervise the preparation or maintenance of records, forms, or reports.
- Supervise or provide security for offenders performing tasks, such as construction, maintenance, laundry, food service, or other industrial or agricultural operations.
- Set up employee work schedules.
- Examine incoming or outgoing mail to ensure conformance with regulations.
- Maintain knowledge of, comply with, and enforce all institutional policies, rules, procedures, and regulations.
- Review offender information to identify issues that require special attention.
- Take, receive, or check periodic inmate counts.
- Resolve problems between inmates.
- Monitor behavior of subordinates to ensure alert, courteous, and professional behavior toward inmates, parolees, fellow employees, visitors, and the public.