Occupational Employment Statistics
33-1011 First-Line Supervisors of Correctional Officers
Directly supervise and coordinate activities of correctional officers and jailers.
|Professional and Business Services||N/A||N/A
- Complete administrative paperwork or supervise the preparation or maintenance of records, forms, or reports.
- Conduct roll calls of correctional officers.
- Set up employee work schedules.
- Monitor behavior of subordinates to ensure alert, courteous, and professional behavior toward inmates, parolees, fellow employees, visitors, and the public.
- Supervise and direct the work of correctional officers to ensure the safe custody, discipline, and welfare of inmates.
- Instruct employees or provide on-the-job training.
- Maintain knowledge of, comply with, and enforce all institutional policies, rules, procedures, and regulations.
- Review offender information to identify issues that require special attention.
- Supervise or provide security for offenders performing tasks, such as construction, maintenance, laundry, food service, or other industrial or agricultural operations.
- Maintain order, discipline, and security within assigned areas in accordance with relevant rules, regulations, policies, and laws.