Occupational Employment Statistics
31-9099 Healthcare Support Workers, All Other
All healthcare support workers not listed separately
|Trade, Transportation and Utilities||N/A||N/A
|Professional and Business Services||N/A||N/A
|Education and Health Services||1,650||$18.08/hr
|Leisure and Hospitality||N/A||N/A
- Prepare suites or rooms according to endoscopic procedure requirements.
- Document clients' progress toward meeting established treatment objectives.
- Maintain inventories of endoscopic equipment and supplies.
- Clean, disinfect, or calibrate scopes or other endoscopic instruments according to manufacturer recommendations and facility standards.
- Assist physicians or registered nurses in the conduct of endoscopic procedures.
- Assist speech-language pathologists in the remediation or development of speech and language skills.
- Implement treatment plans or protocols as directed by speech-language pathologists.
- Perform support duties, such as preparing materials, keeping records, maintaining supplies, and scheduling activities.
- Collect and compile data to document clients' performance or assess program quality.
- Collect specimens from patients using standard medical procedures.