Occupational Employment Statistics
31-9095 Pharmacy Aides
Record drugs delivered to the pharmacy, store incoming merchandise, and inform the supervisor of stock needs. May operate cash register and accept prescriptions for filling.
|Trade, Transportation and Utilities||490||$16.58/hr
|Professional and Business Services||N/A||N/A
|Education and Health Services||100||$24.89/hr
- Prepare prescription labels by typing or operating a computer and printer.
- Operate cash register to process cash or credit sales.
- Answer telephone inquiries, referring callers to pharmacist when necessary.
- Greet customers and help them locate merchandise.
- Unpack, sort, count, and label incoming merchandise, including items requiring special handling or refrigeration.
- Receive, store, and inventory pharmaceutical supplies or medications, check for out-of-date medications, and notify pharmacist when inventory levels are low.
- Perform clerical tasks, such as filing, compiling and maintaining prescription records, or composing letters.
- Process medical insurance claims, posting bill amounts and calculating copayments.
- Restock storage areas, replenishing items on shelves.
- Accept prescriptions for filling, gathering and processing necessary information.