Occupational Employment Statistics
31-9093 Medical Equipment Preparers
Prepare, sterilize, install, or clean laboratory or healthcare equipment. May perform routine laboratory tasks and operate or inspect equipment.
Seven County Mpls-St Paul, MN
|Trade, Transportation and Utilities||N/A||N/A
|Professional and Business Services||N/A||N/A
|Education and Health Services||1,120||$24.73/hr
- Organize and assemble routine or specialty surgical instrument trays or other sterilized supplies, filling special requests as needed.
- Clean instruments to prepare them for sterilization.
- Start equipment and observe gauges and equipment operation to detect malfunctions and to ensure equipment is operating to prescribed standards.
- Deliver equipment to specified hospital locations or to patients' residences.
- Maintain records of inventory or equipment usage and order medical instruments or supplies when inventory is low.
- Disinfect and sterilize equipment, such as respirators, hospital beds, or oxygen or dialysis equipment, using sterilizers, aerators, or washers.
- Report defective equipment to appropriate supervisors or staff.
- Operate and maintain steam autoclaves, keeping records of loads completed, items in loads, and maintenance procedures performed.
- Stock crash carts or other medical supplies.
- Record sterilizer test results.