Occupational Employment Statistics
31-2022 Physical Therapist Aides
Under close supervision of a physical therapist or physical therapy assistant, perform only delegated, selected, or routine tasks in specific situations. These duties include preparing the patient and the treatment area.
|Education and Health Services||110||$19.10/hr
- Clean and organize work area and disinfect equipment after treatment.
- Record treatment given and equipment used.
- Measure patient's range-of-joint motion, body parts, or vital signs to determine effects of treatments or for patient evaluations.
- Instruct, motivate, safeguard, or assist patients practicing exercises or functional activities, under direction of medical staff.
- Participate in patient care tasks, such as assisting with passing food trays, feeding residents, or bathing residents on bed rest.
- Change linens, such as bed sheets and pillow cases.
- Maintain equipment or furniture to keep it in good working condition, including performing the assembly or disassembly of equipment or accessories.
- Administer active or passive manual therapeutic exercises, therapeutic massage, or heat, light, sound, water, or electrical modality treatments, such as ultrasound.
- Observe patients during treatment to compile and evaluate data on patients' responses and progress and report to physical therapist.
- Schedule patient appointments with physical therapists and coordinate therapists' schedules.