Occupational Employment Statistics
31-2011 Occupational Therapy Assistants
Assist occupational therapists in providing occupational therapy treatments and procedures. May, in accordance with State laws, assist in development of treatment plans, carry out routine functions, direct activity programs, and document the progress of treatments. Generally requires formal training.
Seven County Mpls-St Paul, MN
|Education and Health Services||660||$29.37/hr
- Perform clerical duties, such as scheduling appointments, collecting data, or documenting health insurance billings.
- Evaluate the daily living skills or capacities of physically, developmentally, or emotionally disabled clients.
- Monitor patients' performance in therapy activities, providing encouragement.
- Work under the direction of occupational therapists to plan, implement, or administer educational, vocational, or recreational programs that restore or enhance performance in individuals with functional impairments.
- Assemble, clean, or maintain equipment or materials for patient use.
- Communicate and collaborate with other healthcare professionals involved with the care of a patient.
- Implement, or assist occupational therapists with implementing, treatment plans designed to help clients function independently.
- Transport patients to and from the occupational therapy work area.
- Select therapy activities to fit patients' needs and capabilities.
- Observe and record patients' progress, attitudes, and behavior and maintain this information in client records.