Occupational Employment Statistics
Transport patients to areas such as operating rooms or x-ray rooms using wheelchairs, stretchers, or moveable beds. May maintain stocks of supplies or clean and transport equipment. Excludes ?Nursing Assistants? (31-1131). Psychiatric orderlies are included in ?Psychiatric Aides? (31-1133).
Seven County Mpls-St Paul, MN
|Education and Health Services||340||$20.04/hr
- Transport patients to treatment units, testing units, operating rooms, or other areas, using wheelchairs, stretchers, or moveable beds.
- Separate collected materials for disposal, recycling, or reuse, in accordance with environmental policies.
- Clean equipment, such as wheelchairs, hospital beds, or portable medical equipment, documenting needed repairs or maintenance.
- Disinfect or sterilize equipment or supplies, using germicides or sterilizing equipment.
- Lift or assist others to lift patients to move them on or off beds, examination tables, surgical tables, or stretchers.
- Clean and sanitize patient rooms, bathrooms, examination rooms, or other patient areas.
- Transport portable medical equipment or medical supplies between rooms or departments.
- Stock or issue medical supplies, such as dressing packs or treatment trays.
- Collect soiled linen or trash.
- Stock utility rooms, nonmedical storage rooms, or cleaning carts with supplies.