Occupational Employment Statistics
29-2052 Pharmacy Technicians
Prepare medications under the direction of a pharmacist. May measure, mix, count out, label, and record amounts and dosages of medications according to prescription orders.
|Trade, Transportation and Utilities||4,980||$19.17/hr
|Professional and Business Services||40||$19.28/hr
|Education and Health Services||2,510||$23.32/hr
- Answer telephones, responding to questions or requests.
- Receive written prescription or refill requests and verify that information is complete and accurate.
- Prepack bulk medicines, fill bottles with prescribed medications, and type and affix labels.
- Prepare and process medical insurance claim forms and records.
- Assist customers by answering simple questions, locating items, or referring them to the pharmacist for medication information.
- Price and file prescriptions that have been filled.
- Operate cash registers to accept payment from customers.
- Receive and store incoming supplies, verify quantities against invoices, check for outdated medications in current inventory, and inform supervisors of stock needs and shortages.
- Maintain proper storage and security conditions for drugs.
- Compute charges for medication or equipment dispensed to hospital patients and enter data in computer.