Occupational Employment Statistics
29-1221 Pediatricians, General
Diagnose, treat, and help prevent diseases and injuries in children. May refer patients to specialists for further diagnosis or treatment, as needed. Excludes â€œFamily Medicine Physiciansâ€ (29-1215) and â€œGeneral Internal Medicine Physiciansâ€ (29-1216).
Seven County Mpls-St Paul, MN
|Education and Health Services||930||$106.77/hr
- Prescribe or administer treatment, therapy, medication, vaccination, and other specialized medical care to treat or prevent illness, disease, or injury in infants and children.
- Examine children regularly to assess their growth and development.
- Treat children who have minor illnesses, acute and chronic health problems, and growth and development concerns.
- Collect, record, and maintain patient information, such as medical history, reports, or examination results.
- Advise patients, parents or guardians, and community members concerning diet, activity, hygiene, and disease prevention.
- Examine patients or order, perform, and interpret diagnostic tests to obtain information on medical condition and determine diagnosis.
- Explain procedures and discuss test results or prescribed treatments with patients and parents or guardians.
- Direct and coordinate activities of nurses, students, assistants, specialists, therapists, and other medical staff.
- Plan and execute medical care programs to aid in the mental and physical growth and development of children and adolescents.
- Refer patient to medical specialist or other practitioner when necessary.