Occupational Employment Statistics
29-1161 Nurse Midwives
Diagnose and coordinate all aspects of the birthing process, either independently or as part of a healthcare team. May provide well-woman gynecological care. Must have specialized, graduate nursing education.
Seven County Mpls-St Paul, MN
|Education and Health Services||200||$61.85/hr
- Write information in medical records or provide narrative summaries to communicate patient information to other health care providers.
- Document patients' health histories, symptoms, physical conditions, or other diagnostic information.
- Monitor fetal development by listening to fetal heartbeat, taking external uterine measurements, identifying fetal position, or estimating fetal size and weight.
- Provide primary health care, including pregnancy and childbirth, to women.
- Document findings of physical examinations.
- Provide prenatal, intrapartum, postpartum, or newborn care to patients.
- Educate patients and family members regarding prenatal, intrapartum, postpartum, newborn, or interconception care.
- Perform physical examinations by taking vital signs, checking neurological reflexes, examining breasts, or performing pelvic examinations.
- Explain procedures to patients, family members, staff members or others.
- Order and interpret diagnostic or laboratory tests.