Occupational Employment Statistics
29-1151 Nurse Anesthetists
Administer anesthesia, monitor patient’s vital signs, and oversee patient recovery from anesthesia. May assist anesthesiologists, surgeons, other physicians, or dentists. Must be registered nurses who have specialized graduate education.
Seven County Mpls-St Paul, MN
|Education and Health Services||2,460||$111.03/hr
- Perform pre-anesthetic screenings, including physical evaluations and patient interviews, and document results.
- Assess patients' medical histories to predict anesthesia response.
- Obtain informed consent from patients for anesthesia procedures.
- Select and prescribe post-anesthesia medications or treatments to patients.
- Select, order, or administer pre-anesthetic medications.
- Develop anesthesia care plans.
- Manage patients' airway or pulmonary status, using techniques such as endotracheal intubation, mechanical ventilation, pharmacological support, respiratory therapy, and extubation.
- Monitor patients' responses, including skin color, pupil dilation, pulse, heart rate, blood pressure, respiration, ventilation, or urine output, using invasive and noninvasive techniques.
- Select, prepare, or use equipment, monitors, supplies, or drugs for the administration of anesthetics.
- Perform or evaluate the results of diagnostic tests, such as radiographs (x-rays) and electrocardiograms (EKGs).