Occupational Employment Statistics
29-1129 Therapists, All Other
All therapists not listed separately.
|Professional and Business Services||N/A||N/A
|Education and Health Services||660||$24.47/hr
- Confer with other professionals on client's treatment team to develop, coordinate, or integrate treatment plans.
- Gather client information from sources such as case documentation, client observation, or interviews of client or family members.
- Teach art therapy techniques or processes to artists, interns, volunteers, or others.
- Sing or play musical instruments, such as keyboard, guitar, or percussion instruments.
- Talk with clients during art or other therapy sessions to build rapport, acknowledge their progress, or reflect upon their reactions to the artistic process.
- Design art therapy sessions or programs to meet client's goals or objectives.
- Analyze or synthesize client data to draw conclusions or make recommendations for art therapy.
- Observe and document client reactions, progress, or other outcomes related to music therapy.
- Assess client functioning levels, strengths, and areas of need in terms of perceptual, sensory, affective, communicative, musical, physical, cognitive, social, spiritual, or other abilities.
- Integrate behavioral, developmental, improvisational, medical, or neurological approaches into music therapy treatments.