Occupational Employment Statistics
Assess, treat, and care for patients by manipulation of spine and musculoskeletal system. May provide spinal adjustment or address sacral or pelvic misalignment.
|Professional and Business Services||N/A||N/A
|Education and Health Services||1,170||$38.74/hr
- Perform a series of manual adjustments to the spine or other articulations of the body to correct the musculoskeletal system.
- Evaluate the functioning of the neuromuscularskeletal system and the spine using systems of chiropractic diagnosis.
- Maintain accurate case histories of patients.
- Advise patients about recommended courses of treatment.
- Diagnose health problems by reviewing patients' health and medical histories, questioning, observing, and examining patients and interpreting x-rays.
- Obtain and record patients' medical histories.
- Counsel patients about nutrition, exercise, sleeping habits, stress management, or other matters.
- Recommend and arrange for diagnostic procedures, such as blood chemistry tests, saliva tests, x-rays, or other imaging procedures.
- Analyze x-rays to locate the sources of patients' difficulties and to rule out fractures or diseases as sources of problems.
- Consult with or refer patients to appropriate health practitioners when necessary.