Occupational Employment Statistics
27-4012 Broadcast Technicians
Set up, operate, and maintain the electronic equipment used to transmit radio and television programs. Control audio equipment to regulate volume level and quality of sound during radio and television broadcasts. Operate transmitter to broadcast radio or television programs.
|Professional and Business Services||N/A||N/A
|Education and Health Services||N/A||N/A
|Leisure and Hospitality||N/A||N/A
- Play and record broadcast programs using automation systems.
- Maintain programming logs as required by station management and the Federal Communications Commission.
- Prepare reports outlining past and future programs, including content.
- Discuss production requirements with clients.
- Observe monitors and converse with station personnel to determine audio and video levels and to ascertain that programs are airing.
- Edit broadcast material electronically, using computers.
- Preview scheduled programs to ensure that signals are functioning and programs are ready for transmission.
- Set up, operate, and maintain broadcast station computers and networks.
- Schedule programming or read television programming logs to determine which programs are to be recorded or aired.
- Produce graphics for broadcasts.