Occupational Employment Statistics
Plan, coordinate, or edit content of material for publication. May review proposals and drafts for possible publication. Includes technical editors.
|Trade, Transportation and Utilities||N/A||$12.63/hr
|Professional and Business Services||150||$29.08/hr
|Education and Health Services||140||$30.79/hr
|Leisure and Hospitality||30||$27.24/hr
- Read copy or proof to detect and correct errors in spelling, punctuation, and syntax.
- Plan the contents of publications according to the publication's style, editorial policy, and publishing requirements.
- Read, evaluate and edit manuscripts or other materials submitted for publication and confer with authors regarding changes in content, style or organization, or publication.
- Prepare, rewrite and edit copy to improve readability, or supervise others who do this work.
- Oversee publication production, including artwork, layout, computer typesetting, and printing, ensuring adherence to deadlines and budget requirements.
- Supervise and coordinate work of reporters and other editors.
- Verify facts, dates, and statistics, using standard reference sources.
- Develop story or content ideas, considering reader or audience appeal.
- Meet frequently with artists, typesetters, layout personnel, marketing directors, and production managers to discuss projects and resolve problems.
- Confer with management and editorial staff members regarding placement and emphasis of developing news stories.