Occupational Employment Statistics
27-1026 Merchandise Displayers and Window Trimmers
Plan and erect commercial displays, such as those in windows and interiors of retail stores and at trade exhibitions.
|Trade, Transportation and Utilities||2,040||$18.15/hr
|Professional and Business Services||10||$29.11/hr
|Leisure and Hospitality||40||$14.97/hr
- Place prices or descriptive signs on backdrops, fixtures, merchandise, or floor.
- Instruct sales staff in color coordination of clothing racks or counter displays.
- Consult with store managers, buyers, sales associates, housekeeping staff, or engineering staff to determine appropriate placement of displays or products.
- Maintain props, products, or mannequins, inspecting them for imperfections, doing touch-ups, cleaning up after customers, or applying preservative coatings as necessary.
- Arrange properties, furniture, merchandise, backdrops, or other accessories, as shown in prepared sketches.
- Assemble or set up displays, furniture, or products in store space, using colors, lights, pictures, or other accessories to display the product.
- Develop ideas or plans for merchandise displays or window decorations.
- Take photographs of displays or signage.
- Dress mannequins for displays.
- Consult with advertising or sales staff to determine type of merchandise to be featured and time and place for each display.