Occupational Employment Statistics
25-3021 Self-Enrichment Education Teachers
Teach or instruct courses other than those that normally lead to an occupational objective or degree. Courses may include self-improvement, nonvocational, and nonacademic subjects. Teaching may or may not take place in a traditional educational institution. Excludes “Fitness Trainers and Aerobics Instructors” (39-9031). Flight instructors are included with “Aircraft Pilots and Flight Engineers” (53-2010).
Seven County Mpls-St Paul, MN
|Natural Resources and Mining||N/A||N/A
|Trade, Transportation and Utilities||80||$19.47/hr
|Education and Health Services||2,960||$20.01/hr
|Leisure and Hospitality||800||$18.14/hr
- Plan and conduct activities for a balanced program of instruction, demonstration, and work time that provides students with opportunities to observe, question, and investigate.
- Observe students to determine qualifications, limitations, abilities, interests, and other individual characteristics.
- Prepare students for further development by encouraging them to explore learning opportunities and to persevere with challenging tasks.
- Meet with other instructors to discuss individual students and their progress.
- Monitor students' performance to make suggestions for improvement and to ensure that they satisfy course standards, training requirements, and objectives.
- Maintain accurate and complete student records as required by administrative policy.
- Schedule class times to ensure maximum attendance.
- Enforce policies and rules governing students.
- Review instructional content, methods, and student evaluations to assess strengths and weaknesses, and to develop recommendations for course revision, development, or elimination.
- Prepare and administer written, oral, and performance tests, and issue grades in accordance with performance.