Occupational Employment Statistics
19-4061 Social Science Research Assistants
Assist social scientists in laboratory, survey, and other social science research. May help prepare findings for publication and assist in laboratory analysis, quality control, or data management. Excludes “Graduate Teaching Assistants" (25-1191).
|Professional and Business Services||N/A||$28.06/hr
|Education and Health Services||N/A||N/A
- Respond to public inquiries and complaints.
- Inspect sites and review plans for minor development permit applications.
- Provide and process zoning and project permits and applications.
- Participate in and support team planning efforts.
- Perform clerical duties such as composing, typing and proofreading documents, scheduling appointments and meetings, handling mail and posting public notices.
- Serve as liaison between planning department and other departments and agencies.
- Research, compile, analyze and organize information from maps, reports, investigations, and books for use in reports and special projects.
- Prepare, maintain and update files and records, including land use data and statistics.
- Prepare, manipulate, and manage extensive databases.
- Prepare tables, graphs, fact sheets, and written reports summarizing research results.