Occupational Employment Statistics
19-1029 Biological Scientists, All Other
All biological scientists not listed separately.
|Trade, Transportation and Utilities||N/A||N/A
|Professional and Business Services||30||$43.16/hr
|Education and Health Services||70||$36.25/hr
- Design molecular or cellular laboratory experiments, oversee their execution, and interpret results.
- Supervise technical personnel and postdoctoral research fellows.
- Conduct research on cell organization and function, including mechanisms of gene expression, cellular bioinformatics, cell signaling, or cell differentiation.
- Direct, coordinate, organize, or prioritize biological laboratory activities.
- Collaborate with biologists and other professionals to conduct appropriate genetic and biochemical analyses.
- Supervise or direct the work of other geneticists, biologists, technicians, or biometricians working on genetics research projects.
- Compile and analyze molecular or cellular experimental data and adjust experimental designs as necessary.
- Review, approve, or interpret genetic laboratory results.
- Consult with researchers to analyze problems, recommend technology-based solutions, or determine computational strategies.
- Maintain laboratory notebooks that record research methods, procedures, and results.