Occupational Employment Statistics
17-3026 Industrial Engineering Technicians
Apply engineering theory and principles to problems of industrial layout or manufacturing production, usually under the direction of engineering staff. May perform time and motion studies on worker operations in a variety of industries for purposes such as establishing standard production rates or improving efficiency.
|Natural Resources and Mining||40||$40.06/hr
|Trade, Transportation and Utilities||60||$31.67/hr
|Professional and Business Services||340||$31.04/hr
- Read worker logs, product processing sheets, or specification sheets to verify that records adhere to quality assurance specifications.
- Maintain work area according to cleanroom or other processing standards.
- Operate nanotechnology compounding, testing, processing, or production equipment in accordance with appropriate standard operating procedures, good manufacturing practices, hazardous material restrictions, or health and safety requirements.
- Study time, motion, methods, or speed involved in maintenance, production, or other operations to establish standard production rate or improve efficiency.
- Measure or mix chemicals or compounds in accordance with detailed instructions or formulas.
- Monitor equipment during operation to ensure adherence to specifications for characteristics such as pressure, temperature, or flow.
- Produce images or measurements, using tools or techniques such as atomic force microscopy, scanning electron microscopy, optical microscopy, particle size analysis, or zeta potential analysis.
- Aid in planning work assignments in accordance with worker performance, machine capacity, production schedules, or anticipated delays.
- Process nanoparticles or nanostructures, using technologies such as ultraviolet radiation, microwave energy, or catalysis.
- Verify that equipment is being operated and maintained according to quality assurance standards by observing worker performance.