Occupational Employment Statistics
17-3012 Electrical and Electronics Drafters
Prepare wiring diagrams, circuit board assembly diagrams, and layout drawings used for the manufacture, installation, or repair of electrical equipment.
|Trade, Transportation and Utilities||50||$37.99/hr
|Professional and Business Services||110||$33.73/hr
- Select drill size to drill test head, according to test design and specifications, and submit guide layout to designated department.
- Determine the order of work and the method of presentation, such as orthographic or isometric drawing.
- Supervise and coordinate work activities of workers engaged in drafting, designing layouts, assembling, or testing printed circuit boards.
- Draft working drawings, wiring diagrams, wiring connection specifications, or cross-sections of underground cables, as required for instructions to installation crew.
- Assemble documentation packages and produce drawing sets to be checked by an engineer or an architect.
- Consult with engineers to discuss or interpret design concepts, or determine requirements of detailed working drawings.
- Key and program specified commands and engineering specifications into computer system to change functions and test final layout.
- Generate computer tapes of final layout design to produce layered photo masks or photo plotting design onto film.
- Review completed construction drawings and cost estimates for accuracy and conformity to standards and regulations.
- Confer with engineering staff and other personnel to resolve problems.