Occupational Employment Statistics
17-2199 Engineers, All Other
All engineers not listed separately.
|Trade, Transportation and Utilities||60||$65.16/hr
|Professional and Business Services||1,040||$64.37/hr
|Education and Health Services||40||$64.38/hr
- Analyze system performance or operational requirements.
- Design, integrate, or test photonics systems or components.
- Perform computer simulation of solar photovoltaic (PV) generation system performance or energy production to optimize efficiency.
- Supervise technologists, technicians, or other engineers.
- Maintain technical project files.
- Supervise technologists or technicians engaged in nanotechnology research or production.
- Develop optical or imaging systems, such as optical imaging products, optical components, image processes, signal process technologies, or optical systems.
- Develop or test photonic prototypes or models.
- Conduct harsh environmental testing, accelerated aging, device characterization, or field trials to validate devices, using inspection tools, testing protocols, peripheral instrumentation, or modeling and simulation software.
- Conduct engineering site audits to collect structural, electrical, and related site information for use in the design of residential or commercial solar power systems.