Occupational Employment Statistics
Make exact measurements and determine property boundaries. Provide data relevant to the shape, contour, gravitation, location, elevation, or dimension of land or land features on or near the earth's surface for engineering, mapmaking, mining, land evaluation, construction, and other purposes.
|Natural Resources and Mining||N/A||N/A
|Trade, Transportation and Utilities||N/A||N/A
|Professional and Business Services||740||$30.65/hr
- Prepare or supervise preparation of all data, charts, plots, maps, records, and documents related to surveys.
- Direct or conduct surveys to establish legal boundaries for properties, based on legal deeds and titles.
- Prepare and maintain sketches, maps, reports, and legal descriptions of surveys to describe, certify, and assume liability for work performed.
- Write descriptions of property boundary surveys for use in deeds, leases, or other legal documents.
- Search legal records, survey records, and land titles to obtain information about property boundaries in areas to be surveyed.
- Verify the accuracy of survey data, including measurements and calculations conducted at survey sites.
- Compute geodetic measurements and interpret survey data to determine positions, shapes, and elevations of geomorphic and topographic features.
- Verify the mathematical correctness of newly collected survey data.
- Coordinate findings with the work of engineering and architectural personnel, clients, and others concerned with projects.
- Analyze control or survey data to ensure adherence to project specifications or land survey standards.