Occupational Employment Statistics
17-1012 Landscape Architects
Plan and design land areas for projects such as parks and other recreational facilities, airports, highways, hospitals, schools, land subdivisions, and commercial, industrial, and residential sites.
Seven County Mpls-St Paul, MN
|Trade, Transportation and Utilities||20||$49.28/hr
|Professional and Business Services||360||$40.25/hr
|Education and Health Services||N/A||N/A
- Prepare graphic representations or drawings of proposed plans or designs.
- Confer with clients, engineering personnel, or architects on landscape projects.
- Prepare site plans, specifications, or cost estimates for land development.
- Inspect landscape work to ensure compliance with specifications, evaluate quality of materials or work, or advise clients or construction personnel.
- Integrate existing land features or landscaping into designs.
- Create landscapes that minimize water consumption such as by incorporating drought-resistant grasses or indigenous plants.
- Collaborate with architects or related professionals on whole building design to maximize the aesthetic features of structures or surrounding land and to improve energy efficiency.
- Analyze data on conditions such as site location, drainage, or structure location for environmental reports or landscaping plans.
- Research latest products, technology, or design trends to stay current in the field.
- Develop marketing materials, proposals, or presentation to generate new work opportunities.