Occupational Employment Statistics
11-9081 Lodging Managers
Plan, direct, or coordinate activities of an organization or department that provides lodging and other accommodations. Excludes “Food Service Managers" (11-9051) in lodging establishments.
|Trade, Transportation and Utilities||N/A||N/A
|Professional and Business Services||N/A||N/A
|Leisure and Hospitality||330||$27.49/hr
- Monitor the revenue activity of the hotel or facility.
- Show, rent, or assign accommodations.
- Manage and maintain temporary or permanent lodging facilities.
- Participate in financial activities, such as the setting of room rates, the establishment of budgets, and the allocation of funds to departments.
- Prepare required paperwork pertaining to departmental functions.
- Assign duties to workers, and schedule shifts.
- Train staff members.
- Answer inquiries pertaining to hotel policies and services, and resolve occupants' complaints.
- Confer and cooperate with other managers to ensure coordination of hotel activities.
- Receive and process advance registration payments, mail letters of confirmation, or return checks when registrations cannot be accepted.