Occupational Employment Statistics
11-9013 Farmers, Ranchers, and Other Agricultural Managers
Plan, direct, or coordinate the management or operation of farms, ranches, greenhouses, aquacultural operations, nurseries, timber tracts, or other agricultural establishments. May hire, train, and supervise farm workers or contract for services to carry out the day-to-day activities of the managed operation. May engage in or supervise planting, cultivating, harvesting, and financial and marketing activities. Excludes “First-Line Supervisors of Farming, Fishing, and Forestry Workers” (45-1011).
|Natural Resources and Mining||N/A||N/A
|Trade, Transportation and Utilities||N/A||N/A
|Professional and Business Services||N/A||N/A
|Education and Health Services||N/A||N/A
- Grow fish and shellfish as cash crops or for release into freshwater or saltwater.
- Supervise and train aquaculture and fish hatchery support workers.
- Prepare soil for planting, and plant or transplant seeds, bulbs, and cuttings.
- Manage nurseries that grow horticultural plants for sale to trade or retail customers, for display or exhibition, or for research.
- Position and regulate plant irrigation systems, and program environmental and irrigation control computers.
- Determine plant growing conditions, such as greenhouses, hydroponics, or natural settings, and set planting and care schedules.
- Inspect facilities and equipment for signs of disrepair, and perform necessary maintenance work.
- Apply pesticides and fertilizers to plants.
- Monitor environments to ensure maintenance of optimum conditions for aquatic life.
- Account for and disburse funds.